Thursday, September 30, 2010

Another tally for the L column

I am pretty emotional normally but yesterday I was a complete wreck for a minute. My husband went to China this summer for study abroad. I really, really wanted and have wanted a jade braclet. So, of course he was on a mission to find one. He got really into haggeling with the street vendors and eventually found this amaingly beautiful bracelet for me and haggled for quite some time while the man demonstrated its quality by cutting glass, etc. But the long and short of the story is that I was at my school gym and I had placed it in the bottom of my locker and when I came back from my shower and pulled out something it fell out and onto the floor, shattering in little pieces. I had wondered if it was fragile, unfortunately I found out it is. So my beautiful jade bracelet that I loved is gone. I was so devistated, I cried in the locker room, I went to class where I continued to sit in silence and cry. It sounds so stupid but I am crying now. I guess I know that I can replace it. My husband really enjoyed China and I am sure he will be back but it just sucks. I am pretty clumsy and it makes me feel like a child, like I shouldn't be allowed to have nice things, because I break them. I know we all break things some times I just wish it could have been something less important, something I didn't love so much.

I know it shouldn't feel like it, but it feels like a major loss. I just seriously need a win.

0 comments: