Tuesday, October 5, 2010

II

Two major wins this week. I found out I was accepted to the CU Denver College of Nursing. A major sigh of relief. I had about 8 schools I was planning on applying to, at least one a month for the next several months. All of which, are highly competitive. I really had the feeling that I might be applying for schools for some time. I didn't get in the first round at CU and was really devistated. I really don't want to move and CU is my only choice. After I was rejected the first time I found out that they had received a lot more applications than they had in the past, putting their acceptance rate at 15%. I have never been competitive and never really cared if I got a C in Chemistry, a field I never thought would affect me. Fastforward 5 years and I am calculating my GPA... But, it's all over (till grad school). I hadn't even realized how depressed I was, till I wasn't. I am so excited, happy, anxious, etc. Happy to be moving on with my life, I have felt like I have been in a static position for such a long time and now I am on my way!

Second piece of good news, I was offered a position at a local web development company doing their office management, AR, etc. They called it an executive assistant position. I am really excited, my boss seems really cool. They seem to be very flexible. I am going in tomorrow to meet with them and will start next week.

In two weeks I will be running my second half marathon. The same weekend my big brother will be moving to Denver. The weekend after is may 3rd annual Pumkin Carving Party and Contest. I am loving life right now. Fall is just starting to roll in. The leaves are dropping bit by bit and soon the trees will be bare. Soon I will have to put away my bike but pull out my stockings. I love the change of seasons. I know there are no surprises but I love to see what each season brings. Last year a lot of people left their pumpkins. It snowed the during the week and on Halloween it was beautiful.
This pic os from last year. This year I think I decided on the Bride of Frankenstein and Jerome is going to be Waldo from Where's Waldo. Should be fun.

0 comments: