Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Things I Don’t Get No. 2

Cell Phones – texting – tweeting. Who is everyone talking to? Why is it necessary to “chat” with someone on an almost constant basis? There have been so many occasions where I am having dinner, drinks, watching a movie and someone I am with or someone around me will just answer the phone, respond to a text, or whatever. I just don’t get it. I understand that there are occasions where it is necessary but for the most part it’s just constant noise.

And just as a side note, I cannot believe people text while driving! It seems like a no-brainer but people are driving while texting and killing themselves and others to the point that there is major legislation in the works, across the country to ban texting. Not that texting is the only distraction of drivers – for instance, my mom puts on her make-up while driving. She has done this since I was a kid. I think it is unbelievable and if I were a cop and spotted her doing it I would totally pull her over and ticket her. I am getting of topic but I am amazed at how frivolous drivers can be. Cars can be very dangerous and I don’t think a lot of people get that.
One other thing that really bothers me is seeing a group of friends hanging out and all of them are on their cell phones - chatting or texting. Why hang out with these people just to talk to other people - weird. I see this mostly with teenagers but not exclusively.

0 comments: