Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Prereqs.

The other day I watched Sarah Palin on Oprah and I was reminded of how I think that there should be some educational/experience requirements for politicians. Perhaps some mix of law/public policy/history/economics/international studies degree along with required community service, or maybe military service. I mean Palin is a dodo bird and is an extreme example of people who don’t know shit and should not run for, let alone hold public office but in all seriousness you need a license to do nails, cut hair, teach, perform surgery, practice law, be an architect, even people that work in fast food chains need a food handlers card – knowledge and test on a few basics, shouldn’t people who make laws be required to obtain a certain skill set, base knowledge, empathy, etc.

I don’t think I am asking too much.
As a side note, I must say I thought her hair looked great.

0 comments: