Monday, September 28, 2009

Big and Small

Why Big is always associated with Tall and Petite is usually considered Small and Small. What about people who are big and short or tall and thin, big and short (like me)?

Today I was blog hopping and came across this blog and was so not on the same page, despite having to alter most of my clothes. This poor woman can’t fit into size 00. She is truly petite but it really made me think about my stature and in most cases I would consider myself petite because I am only 4’11 but don’t because I am full figured. I outweigh her by almost 40 pounds! I can’t say I feel bad for the skinny bitch but I understand.

I always, always have trouble with shirts because I have big breast so anytime I buy a shirt with button I will almost always go bigger. I never buy shirts that have a designated boob space. Recently I was really excited because there was a really cute plaid summer dress at Target on clearance for like $5 and it had a huge bow covering the boob space, so cute. I tried several sizes and my boobs just overflowed but it fit well everywhere else, needless to say but I’ll say it anyway I did not buy the dress.  Pants of course always have to be altered but I also have issues with pants fitting – I don’t know what it is called – but the space between the pelvic floor (that’s the term my yoga instructor uses and the top of the pants. Sometimes I can literally pull the pants inches above my belly button. I also have issues because I have big thighs and a small waist (hopefully, getting smaller) but I will usually have to go up in size in order for pants to fit over my thighs but when I finally get the pants over my thighs, they are way too big on the waist.
Dress I didn't buy.

As I wrote about earlier I did just buy an awesome Hello Kitty Janome and this past weekend I attended a Sewing 101 class at my favorite craft store, Fancy Tiger. In no time I will be altering clothes and making my own and will never complain about bad fit or wear ill fitting clothes again! … maybe a little bit of time…

0 comments: