Thursday, September 24, 2009

Affirmation

Within the past two weeks I received compliments from two different people about my weight and how great I look. Usually, I am not one that needs to hear affirmation from other people but I was really flattered and so happy to hear that other people are noticing my weight loss accomplishments, I hate to say weight loss because while I am losing weight I am also, gaining muscle, toning, etc. but I suppose it is the most suiting phrase. Sorry tangent. I have received compliments from people that know I am working out or know that I have lost weight, ie my husband is telling everyone how great I am doing and while this is flattering when his friends say I look great I don’t know if it is because they really think I look great or because they were told I look great. The first person to pay me a compliment was actually this trainer at my gym. When you sign up at my gym you get two free personal training session and I did mine with him (sorta). This was probably about this time 2 years ago. I ran into him in the elevator and he commented on how great I looked and that he could really tell that I had lost weight, he even offered to find my measurements from when I first started. The funny thing about this is that I actually complained about him. During our 2 training session we never worked out, which is the deal. During those sessions he pretty much told me I was overweight and had bad posture (duh) and of course he did all of these test to tell me that, I could have told him that… The other was a lady in my office who has no knowledge that I am even trying to lose weight, so it was really nice to see someone notice who doesn’t know.

0 comments: